Fun Facts about world languages
There are some interesting facts about languages that you would have never guessed - some interesting (Pinocchio is the book available in the most languages after The Bible), some funny (a man spoke to his baby for 3 years in Klingon), and some downright sad (e.g. one endangered language dies out every 2 weeks). Here some more - enjoy!
1. There are an estimated 7,000 languages in the world.
2. The Chinese language has 50,000 characters.
3. A quarter fo the world' population has some knowledge of English.
4. The man that created Klingon - Marc Okrand - was once a linguistics teacher at the University of California.
5. The European Union has 24 official and working languages.
6. Papua New Guinea has 830 languages.
7. The Pope tweets in 9 different languages.